870 Lullwater Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
This magnificent English Tudor Style Home was designed by Architect Walter T. Downing and built in 1914. (Mr. Downing also designed the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, among many other important works.) This architectural gem is situated beautifully overlooking the Lullwater Conservation Gardens on approximately two acres in Historic Druid Hills. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the home overlooks a lush forest. Yet the home is just 15 minutes from the city center and approx 25 minutes from Atlanta's International airport.The home has an elegant Brick & Limestone Exterior with Tudor Detailing and a Gorgeous Slate Roof with Copper Gutters and Exquisite Stately Chimneys. The interior is finished with a Gracious Oak Paneled Entrance Foyer, Large Library with a Wood Burning Sandstone Fireplace, a Large Formal Dining Room with Bay Windows and a Wood Burning Fireplace. There are Original Oak Floors throughout all formal rooms; Heart of Pine Floors in the bedrooms, and a total of 7 Fireplaces. In addition to the 5 bedrooms, there are two "sleeping porches" turned sitting rooms, and a Silver Quartz Tiled Solarium with Original Limestone lintels. There is also a spacious front terrace that extends to an open air side porch for al fresco entertaining. The 5th bedroom in the main house could be a sunny den or home office. There is also a large 1/2 bath that could easily be converted to a full bath. In addition to the main home, there is a spacious one bedroom, one bath Carriage House with a living room and kitchen which is settled beyond the interior courtyard with a view of the Herb & Flower Garden. Very charming and comfortable for guests or as an in law suite. *6th bedroom/one bath in Carriage House.
- StatusActive Under Contract
- MLS #6647025
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Suite/Apartment, Sitting Room
- RoomsDen, Library
- FeaturesBeamed Ceilings, Bookcases, Coffered Ceiling(s), Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper
- KitchenCabinets Stain, Eat-in Kitchen, Keeping Room, Pantry Walk-In, Stone Counters
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Gas Range
- HVACCentral Air
- Fireplace DescriptionDecorative, Living Room, Masonry, Master Bedroom
- ConstructionBrick 4 Sides
- Built In1914
- StoriesThree Or More
- ParkingGarage, Garage Door Opener
- FeaturesCourtyard, Garden, Private Rear Entry, Private Yard, Rear Stairs
- ServicesCountry Club, Golf Course, Near Trails/Greenway, Park, Sidewalks
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Phone Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Landscaped
- Lot Dimensions202 x 430
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Engel & Volkers Buckhead Atlanta
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2020 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on September 29, 2020 4:15pm