850 Oakdale Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
A 1915 Neel Reid masterpiece in the heart of Druid Hills was originally built for Alfred and Clementine Montag and according to the author of Driving Miss Daisy, Alfred Uhry, was the inspiration and setting for his play as the home of his favorite Aunt "Clemmie." The home has been lovingly restored and renovated for today's Buyer with all of the modern conveniences all set on a sprawling 1.2 acre estate lot.The main level is a master class in symmetry and details like high ceilings, moldings and an abundance of light that Reed was most famous for with a central hall, formal living and dining rooms with fireplaces, double staircases and chef's kitchen open to a new family/breakfast room. Outdoor living is abundant with screened porch and patios that perfect for entertaining. Upstairs features a beautiful master suite with sitting room plus 3 additional generous bedrooms. The third level is a media room or office with full bath. There is a separate carriage house with full kitchen and bedroom/bath over the 2 car garage with electric charging stations. Set on 1.2 acres the walk out back yard offers privacy and plenty of room for a pool. A greenhouse on the upper part of the property is perfect for gardening.
- MLS #6692350
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Suite/Apartment, Oversized Master
- RoomsFamily Room, Library, Living Room, Media Room
- BasementInterior Entry, Partial, Unfinished
- FeaturesBookcases, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Lower, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, Low-Flow Fixtures, Walk-In Closet(s)
- KitchenBreakfast Bar, Breakfast Room, Cabinets White, Kitchen Island, Stone Counters, View to Family Room
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Cooktop, Gas Water Heater, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
- HVACCeiling Fan(s), Central Air
- Fireplace DescriptionLiving Room, Other Room
- StyleFrench Provincial
- Built In1915
- StoriesThree Or More
- ParkingDriveway, Garage, Kitchen Level, Parking Pad, Electric Vehicle Charging Station(s)
- FeaturesCourtyard, Garden, Private Yard
- ServicesNear Schools, Near Shopping, Near Trails/Greenway, Public Transportation, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Phone Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped, Level, Private
- Lot Dimensions532 x 100
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Dorsey Alston Realtors
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2020 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on September 29, 2020 5:16pm