923 Piedmont Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Situated high upon a rare triple lot with dazzling Midtown skyline views, landmark ‘Stonehurst’ is built on the largest residential property in the historic garden district. This imposing estate commands attention with its majestic gardens and lawn sloping upward from Piedmont Ave. Built in 1896, this historic treasure was meticulously renovated to combine energy efficiency and eco-conscious practices with impeccable preservation. Maintaining the majority of the original layout, historic features include intricately carved moldings, inlaid wood floors, terracotta and tiled fireplace mantles, and countless more unique details. The oversized foyer opens to the original ‘music room’ parlor with leaded glass windows and carved inglenook fireplace, and through pocket doors to the dining room with its original fireplace and built-in china cabinetry. The Southern sleeping porch offers a catbird seat view of the historic neighborhood homes. All bathrooms have been upgraded with gorgeous marble tile work into stunning jewel boxes with a European flair. Additional enviable features include a separate carriage house with 2 luxurious bedrooms and en-suite baths, as well as a guest house with full kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Relaxing outdoor spaces include an expansive front porch, original screened-in back porch, and multiple garden seating areas. Elegant stonescapes accented by lush, mature plantings surround the house. Gracious old trees are complemented by unique, colorful blooming plants, a formal parterre garden and inspired flower borders. Perfect location seconds to Piedmont Park and Beltline access, Botanical Gardens, top restaurants, shopping, Fox Theater, High Museum.
- MLS #7067555
- Half Baths2
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Suite/Apartment
- RoomsFamily Room, Living Room, Sun Room
- BasementInterior Entry, Unfinished
- FeaturesBookcases, Crown Molding, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Main
- KitchenBreakfast Bar, Breakfast Room, Cabinets Other, Eat-in Kitchen, Pantry Walk-In
- AppliancesDishwasher, Double Oven, Gas Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator
- HVACCeiling Fan(s), Central Air
- Fireplace DescriptionDecorative, Family Room, Living Room, Master Bedroom, Other Room
- StyleTraditional, Victorian
- ConstructionShingle Siding, Stone
- Built In1896
- ParkingDriveway, Parking Pad
- FeaturesCourtyard, Garden, Private Rear Entry, Rain Gutters
- ServicesNear Beltline, Near Marta, Near Schools, Near Shopping, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- UtilitiesElectricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped
- Lot Dimensionsx
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Ansley Real Estate | Christie's International Real Estate 404-480-4663
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2022 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on December 2, 2022 10:30pm