31 Lafayette Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Experience the joy of starting each day living in a timeless masterpiece. Designed by renowned Atlanta architect P. Thorton Marye for his personal residence in 1913, this architecturally significant Italian Renaissance estate is prominently placed in Atlanta’s most sought-after intown neighborhood. The unmatched craftsmanship embodies warmth and functionality with its original hardwood flooring, artisan crown molding and inlaid Italian ceramics. These architectural accents influenced Marye’s designs for Atlanta’s original terminal station, the Fox Theater, the downtown Capital City Club and many others. The elegance throughout the interior opens to a private outdoor back patio and leads down the front steps into Winn Park. Updated to perfection while preserving the historical charm, the home features a new terra cotta roof, oversized rooms, high ceilings, enormous windows and numerous French doors. The seamless transition from indoors to outdoors constructs the perfect atmosphere for entertaining, from intimate front terrace dinners overlooking the park to major civic functions. Upstairs boasts two secondary bedrooms and bathrooms and a second washer & dryer, in addition to the grand primary suite with a working fireplace and large walk-in closet. The carriage house in back provides a two-car garage and a one-bedroom suite on the second story. Living in Ansley Park means enjoying unfettered access to the city's premier landmarks such as the High Museum of Art, the Alliance Theater, Piedmont Park, Colony Square, the Botanical Gardens and some of Atlanta's best restaurants - literally steps away.
- MLS #7078929
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionOversized Master
- RoomsBonus Room, Computer Room, Library, Living Room
- BasementExterior Entry, Interior Entry, Partial
- FeaturesBookcases, Crown Molding, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper, Walk-In Closet(s)
- KitchenCabinets White, Eat-in Kitchen, Kitchen Island, Stone Counters
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Cooktop, Gas Oven/Range/Countertop, Gas Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Tankless Water Heater, Washer
- HVACCentral Air
- Fireplace DescriptionGas Log, Gas Starter, Living Room, Master Bedroom, Outside
- StyleEuropean, Mediterranean
- Built In1913
- ParkingDetached, Garage, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Rear, On Street, Parking Pad, Electric Vehicle Charging Station(s)
- FeaturesGarden, Private Rear Entry, Private Yard, Rear Stairs
- ServicesDog Park, Near Beltline, Near Marta, Near Schools, Near Shopping, Near Trails/Greenway, Park, Playground, Public Transportation, Restaurant, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Landscaped, Sloped, Sprinklers In Front, Sprinklers In Rear
- Lot Dimensionsx
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Dorsey Alston Realtors
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2022 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on October 4, 2022 12:02pm