1257 University Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Welcome home to Morningside's sophisticated urban retreat. This exquisite custom-built residence is nestled in the heart of Morningside on a generous .45-acre lot. 1257 University boasts a serene and picturesque creek setting steeped in privacy with neighbors located on only one side. This unique property harmoniously combines the convenience of urban living with the tranquility of nature, offering an unparalleled lifestyle experience. This 5 bed 5.5 bath brick home was utilized as a secondary property and presents like new construction. Intentionally designed to maximize a sophisticated upscale aesthetic while offering functionality for daily life; every detail from the floor plan to appliances to the designer finishes has been meticulously planned and maintained. A rocking chair front porch includes 2 sets of French doors creating a seamless flow of entertaining options. The soaring ceilings of the entry foyer invite you to explore a dedicated dining room and office/guest bedroom with ensuite. Gleaming hardwoods flow to the living room that includes built-in bookshelves, a gas fireplace, creek side views, access to the screened porch, and an open-concept layout to the kitchen for ease of entertaining, parenting, cooking, & just living. The Chef's kitchen is a culinary delight, equipped with top-of-the-line appliances including Wolf Induction and double ovens, SubZero, custom soft-close cabinetry, and a large island for making memories, doing homework, and hosting dinner parties. The butler's pantry provides plenty of bar storage, prep space, a wine chiller, plus walk-in pantry. Restoration Hardware lighting throughout the home. 3 beds and 3 baths are located up the main staircase. The primary suite is a true sanctuary overlooking your almost double lot, complete with a spa style ensuite with double vanities, soaking tub, seamless glass shower, floor to ceiling tile, WC, plenty of linen storage, and 2 walk-in closets. The Au Pair suite is situated up the back staircase complete with ensuite. The privacy and spaciousness of this location also makes for a fantastic home gym, bonus family room, or teen hang - easily customize it to your needs. The daylight unfinished terrace level provides a wealth of storage and is stubbed for a full bath. Finish it out to add a home theatre, in-law suite, and wine cellar. The attached two-car garage boasts epoxy flooring, a complete storage system, and direct access to the backyard. The exterior breadth of this lot truly makes it a unique oasis in the heart of the city. Spend evenings by the fire on the screened porch while the pets or kids play in the private backyard. BBQ on the Trex deck, host Friday night fire-pits by the creek, take up gardening, or even consider adding a pool. The gently meandering creek runs around the back of the property adding to the enchanting ambiance and securing privacy on 2 out of 3 sides of this lot. Looking for entertainment outside the home? Just a few blocks away is Alon's Bakery, Nowak's, Whiskey Bird, The Family Dog, and all the restaurants and shops of Morningside. Getting to work is a breeze as well with easy access to Buckhead, Midtown, Emory, and the CDC; this home is truly a retreat in the heart of it all. To summarize, this custom-built residence in the heart of Morningside situated in a tranquil creek setting, is a rare gem that seamlessly combines the best of urban living with the serenity of a natural oasis. It offers luxury, privacy, and convenience, making it a truly unique and desirable property for those seeking the perfect blend of modern city living and natural beauty. Welcome home to 1257 University.
- MLS #7293401
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Floorplan, Split Bedroom Plan
- RoomsBasement, Dining Room, Great Room - 1 Story, Laundry, Master Bathroom, Master Bedroom
- BasementBath/Stubbed, Daylight, Exterior Entry, Interior Entry, Unfinished, Walk-Out Access
- FeaturesBookcases, Crown Molding, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Speed Internet, His and Hers Closets, Low Flow Plumbing Fixtures, Smart Home, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar
- KitchenBreakfast Bar, Breakfast Room, Cabinets White, Eat-in Kitchen, Kitchen Island, Pantry Walk-In, Stone Counters, View to Family Room
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Electric Cooktop, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
- HVACCeiling Fan(s), Central Air
- Fireplace DescriptionFamily Room, Gas Log, Outside
- StyleContemporary/Modern, Farmhouse
- ConstructionBrick 4 Sides
- Built In2017
- ParkingDriveway, Garage, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Rear, Kitchen Level, Level Driveway
- FeaturesGarden, Lighting, Private Yard, Rain Gutters
- ServicesDog Park, Near Beltline, Near Schools, Near Shopping, Near Trails/Greenway, Park, Playground, Public Transportation, Restaurant, Sidewalks, Street Lights
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Phone Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Creek On Lot, Front Yard, Landscaped, Private
- Lot Dimensions153 x 56
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: EXP Realty, LLC. 888-959-9461
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2023 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Eyesore at 678.692.8512.
Data Last updated on December 10, 2023 12:30pm